Thinking of selling your home? Follow these 8 steps to help you successfully sell your home and get you to the closing table.
There are many steps involved in the home selling process. While it may seem like a daunting task in the beginning, a little preparation, hard work, and guidance from knowledgeable professionals can help ensure that the process goes smoothly. Let’s take a look at the 8 steps to selling your home in any market.
- Interview Realtors – One of the single most important things that you can do is to surround yourself with a skilled real estate team that will help guide you along your path to selling your home. Make sure to interview several different Realtors and ask them how they would price and market your home. Then, pick the individual or team whose plan you liked the best.
- Make Necessary Repairs – Now is the time to complete those important maintenance projects and cosmetic repairs around the home. Many sellers opt for a home inspection so that they can make sure their future closing won’t be held up due to an unexpected repair item.
- Set a Price – Now that you are working with a knowledgeable Realtor and your home is functioning properly it is time to set a price. Take a look at recent home sales and pricing trends for your neighborhood, and decide on how aggressively you want to price the home. Having the right price can mean the difference between a home that sells quickly, and one that sits on the market for several months.
- Clean and Depersonalize – Give you home the most thorough spring cleaning you have ever done. Wash the windows, touch up paint, and get rid of or store any unnecessary items to make your home look more spacious and clean. Additionally, it can be a good idea to bring in neutral paint colors and decorations because you want the buyers to focus on the homes personality and not your personal tastes.
- Market the Home – Now you are ready to put the home up for sale and invite people to take a look. Follow up with your Realtor on their marketing plan, as they will be the most responsible for making this step a success, but don’t forget to mention to friends and family that you are moving. They might know someone that is looking for a home just like yours.
- Negotiate a Contract – When you get your first offer on the home you will need to look it over with your Realtor to understand the different elements of the contract and discuss possible counter proposals.
- Complete Closing Requirements – After finalizing the negotiated contract you will need to go through the process of packing up the home and making the repairs found during the buyers inspection.
- Go to Closing – Finally you have reached the last step before the sale of your home is complete. Sign the documents that transfers legal title to the new owners, pay the real estate commissions and any other additional fees negotiated in the contract, and receive a check for the balance of equity after the mortgage has been paid off.
These 8 simple steps to selling your home will help guide you to a successful closing.
|Preston Guyton is a Realtor and Custom Home Builder serving the Myrtle Beach real estate market. For more information on Myrtle Beach homes and properties, contact Preston today or visit http://www.PrestonGuyton.com.|